Here’s a list of things we love to do when we visit Heron House
- Kayak down the creek and touch the bridge
- Crab off the pier
- Sit on the porch and watch mullet jump at sunset
- Put your boat in at the public ramp in Bath then dock it at our pier.
- Take a long bike ride on flat country roads. Look for pretty church steeples and old barns
- Eat at Eastern NC’s best restaurant – Spoon River – in Belhaven.
- Explore Washington, NC. Take a walk around the historic town and visit local galleries or visit the one-of-a-kind estuarium.
- Visit New Bern. Don’t miss the Tryon Palace
- Explore Goose Creek State Park, only 8 miles from Heron House
- Take a day trip to the beach.
- Sit in the window seat and read a book.
Please note Bath does not have a full grocery store, however the Bath General Store and Family Dollar are very close by and have a large selection of basic items. For complete grocery shopping, we recommend Food Lion in Washington or Belhaven.